Location : Merchantville, NJ
Melissa strives to assist her clients in making sure they select the process that is best for them and their family. No two families are exactly alike, and Melissa works with her clients to help them achieve the results that work for their family, not what is necessarily the "standard." She works hard with her clients to help them to dissolve their marriage without destroying their family.
For the past several years, Melissa has worked to develop her practice into a firm that offers alternative forms of dispute resolution along with traditional litigation services. This allows her clients to divorce in way that is right for them and not just what is standard.
One of the interesting facts about Melissa is that she attended the Fashion Institute of Technology earning a Bachelor's in Fine Arts in Toy Design. While in school, Melissa interned with Tyco Toys, working in the Girls Small Dolls department. She was one of the first graduates of FIT to go on to law school. Melissa credits her art background for her ability to use out of the box thinking and creative solutions to obtain positive results for her clients.
She is a graduate of Seton Hall University School of Law and was admitted to the Bar in New Jersey in 2000.
Melissa is the President of the New Jersey Council of Collaborative Practice Groups, and past-president of both the South Jersey Collaborative Divorce Professionals and Mid Jersey Collaborative Law Alliance.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2000
- Fashion Institute of Technology, New York City, New York
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Deans List
- Major: Toy Design, Fine Arts
- Mid-Jersey Collaborative Law Alliance, President, 2017 to Present
- South Jersey Collaborative Divorce Professionals, President, 2016 to Present
- New Jersey Council of Collaborative Practice Groups, Representative, 2015 to Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 2012 to Present
Classes & Seminars
- Collaborating During Covid-19, Collaborating During Covid-19
- Opportunities of Collaborative Law in Breaking Gridlock, New Jersey Continuing Legal Education
- Hudson County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist, 2007 to 2011
- Carolann M. Aschoff, P.C. , Associate, 2001 to 2011
- Family/Divorce Law
- Collaborative Divorce
- Divorce/Family Mediation
- Family Non-Dissolution
- New Jersey, 2000